Technical Requirements and Recommendations
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 05/19/2009 - 4:53pm
A valid e-mail address registered with SF State
In order to participate in your courses on iLearn, you are required to have the following:
- A computer with a broadband Internet connection
- A modern, up to date web browser
- Regular SF State faculty and staff are required to use their SF State (@sfsu.edu) e-mail accounts with iLearn.
- To obtain an SF State e-mail account, or set e-mail forwarding options, log into the SF State E-mail Account Services Page.
- Regular SF State students are required to use their official SF State email (@mail.sfsu.edu). More information about student email can be found at http://tech.sfsu.edu/guides/live-edu-email
- CEL and Open University students should indicate their preferred e-mail address through the MySFSU page. Click the Email Options button at the top of the page to indicate a preferred e-mail or set forwarding options. CEL students are not required to purchase an SF State e-mail account to use iLearn, however a valid e-mail address is required.
Mac OS X users can open Microsoft Word documents in TextEdit if they do not have Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Word Document Viewer (WIN)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer (WIN)
- Microsoft Excel Viewer (WIN)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player * Required for courses using CourseStream (echo360)